Greetings!

For friends and family, this is a site to see what we've gotten ourselves into and how we're doing. For people who care about Big Red, it's a chance to keep posted about what we're doing to preserve and restore her. It's also a place for people who love old houses and appreciate what they mean as much as we do. We hope you'll be pleased with the results.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A little glue and some love


When Jason (the previous owner) told us that there was some woodwork under a bench in the garage I got excited. I have been doing woodwork for a number of years...sometimes successfully and without loss of limb. I tried for a week or two to focus on the house and work on the growing list of things that needed work inside, but I just kept thinking about the stuff under the bench.
Eventually, I gave up and started digging through it all. I found pieces to this table under the workbench. The top had cracked and it appeared the table had been disassembled and just stuck under the bench as a "worry about it later" project for some previous owner.
A few hours later, I'd applied some glue and clamps and ended up with this. I didn't even re-finish it. I just put on a coat of refurbishing oil and called it done.
Little pieces of the house continue to reveal themselves as we work....glimpses into the previous owner's lives. It really makes the hard work worthwhile.

No comments: